
MANILA – The National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict has expressed grief over the case of Vince Francis Dingding, saying it reflects the emotional toll of armed conflict on families affected by the communist insurgency.
In a statement, the task force said the case highlights what it described as the human cost of the armed struggle involving the CPP-NPA-NDF, including the long-term impact on families of individuals who joined the movement.
The NTF-ELCAC cited a handwritten letter dated May 18, signed by Dingding’s parents, Romulo and Rica, where they requested that matters related to their son’s death be coordinated through their barangay captain to avoid further distress.
The letter also stated that the mother is undergoing treatment for colon cancer and was advised to avoid stress during recovery.
At the end of the letter, the parents wrote:
“P.S. We decided that we will no longer claim his remains in Negros Occ.”
The task force said the statement reflects the depth of grief experienced by the family.
It also said Dingding’s case shows a pattern of individuals previously engaged in student and activist organizations who later became involved in armed underground activities, although these claims were not independently verified in the statement.
The NTF-ELCAC added that similar cases in the past have resulted in families expressing grief over relatives allegedly recruited into armed groups.
It said the situation underscores the long-term emotional impact on families left behind, including trauma and loss.





Leave a comment