
MANILA — The GLOWHRAIN-KMU-Kowloon House West Chapter condemned the management of Kowloon House over the alleged premature release of separation pay and the sudden stoppage of work operations while negotiations remain pending before the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
In a statement, the union accused management of implementing separation pay equivalent to only 15 days per year of service despite ongoing discussions indicating a computation based on 22.5 days per year of service.
The group said the move undermines the conciliation process and pressures workers into accepting what it described as unfair terms.
Production workers also raised concerns regarding the work stoppage that reportedly began on May 21, 2026, saying management failed to provide proper notice or explanation for the halt in operations.
According to the union, the suspension of operations disrupted production and deliveries while increasing fears over job security among workers.
“Ang biglaang pagtigil sa produksyon ay panganib sa seguridad sa trabaho namin. Wala man lang memo o paliwanag, basta hindi na kami pinapapasok. Hindi na nga nakapag-out yung iba. Sabi ng management mataas ang demand sa produkto ngayon kaya bakit sila biglang titigil,” union president Bernard Dimaunahan said.
The union said the situation developed nearly a month after workers resumed operations on April 22, 2026 following a strike action.
It added that workers have since experienced alleged threats, harassment, and intimidation linked to the closure and retrenchment involving noodle house workers, as well as concerns that management may be carrying out a runaway shop scheme.
Workers also claimed that some production machines had already been pulled out, further fueling fears that the company may gradually cease operations while avoiding accountability to employees.
The union called on the DOLE to intervene immediately, ensure that negotiations are conducted in good faith, and investigate possible violations of workers’ rights and security of tenure.
The group also appealed to the public and fellow workers to support their campaign against alleged union-busting, illegal retrenchment, and the denial of just compensation and stable employment.
“Pinaglaban namin ang karapatan namin sa sahod at trabaho noong welga at naisara ito in good faith. Ngayon malinaw na linalabag nila ang kasunduan dahil sa samu’t saring retaliatory actions mula sa illegal closure, illegal dismissal, pag-pull out ng makina para mag-runaway shop, pagsasampa ng kriminal na kaso sa naganap na welga, at ngayon naman ito—kawalan na naman ng trabaho. Sa abot ng makakaya, idinadaan namin sa lahat ng porma at proseso para mapaayos muli ang lagay sa kumpanya, pero hindi rin kami magdadalawang-isip kung kakailanganin muling magtirik ng welga,” the union added.





Leave a comment